Jan 15, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I bought 2 new PC during the December holidays
and suddenly I see a message which I have never
seen before.

”’Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has temporarily disabled GPU enhancements.
Check the video card manufacturer’s web site for the latest software.”’

The display card is a GeForce 7050 and I have updated the driver.

I am running CS4 and CS4 had no problems on my older PC
and older display card. (GeForce 5200)

I think I am busy picking up problems with my 2½ years old AL1914 ACER screen, (causing animated flickering *only sometimes) but there is no way PS can be so clever knowing this.

What would be the reason for the error message?

BTW (off topic) I bought this Acer for the sake of a ‘3 years on site guarantee’, but firstly I have seen in forums people complaining about Acer’s customer service, and secondly, the animation (sometimes very bad) happens once or twice a day, and some days not even. Proving this to a Acer consultant may be difficult.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
jason
Jan 15, 2009
In article ,
says…
seen before.

”’Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has temporarily disabled GPU enhancements.

I think that PS didn’t take (much/any?) advantage of GPU acceleration capabilities in earlier versions. I was a beta tester of cs4 and they were crowing about this -new –
feature… I’d report it to Adobe.
D
Dave
Jan 16, 2009
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 23:26:32 GMT, jason wrote:

In article ,
says…
seen before.

I think that PS didn’t take (much/any?) advantage of GPU acceleration capabilities in earlier versions. I was a beta tester of cs4 and they were crowing about this -new –
feature… I’d report it to Adobe.

Thanks Jason. I’ll sort my problems out with my Acer screen and then with Adobe. I should say, after display of this message regarding disabling GPU enhancements, I do not notice any difference.

The message continue by saying "GPU enhancements can be enabled in the Performance panel of Preferences".

I went to the Performance panel and surely, GPU enhancements was disabled. I ticked ‘Enable OpenGL Drawing’, closed it and opened it again, and it kept on being enabled. Frustrating thus, but not serious.
D
Dave
Jan 16, 2009
Surely (many) more people will receive the same error message.

Read this:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb 404898

Dave

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections