Bob_Davis
May 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
System: Homebuilt P4 2.8C w/2 gb RAM
Wacom Intuos 2 (driver version 4.78-6)

In PS-CS, often when I use my polygonal lasso tool and the Wacom tablet the cursor will jump to completion before I have completed the process. It can be very irritating on a complex lasso project when you’re half finished and it jumps to the starting point and completes the selected area prematurely. Anyone have a clue what is causing this? It isn’t repeatable as to the exact location it will jump from, but sometimes will occur several tries in a row. I am not putting any meaningful pressure on the tablet with my hand when this occurs.

I had the same problem on PS7 and several previous Wacom driver versions. I also have a USB MS trackball connected on this system, but the two have coexisted perfectly to date.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RK
Ronald_Keller
May 18, 2004
Bob,

I have no solution for your problem as it isn’t happening on my system. Maybe you are accidently double-clicking?
Just curious but I am not sure why you are regarding this as irritating; you can simply continue where you left off by adding to the selection?

Greetings from Belgium

Ronald
RK
Rob_Keijzer
May 18, 2004
I once had the same. When you come down with the pen, sometimes it is regarded as a double click, and hence comletes the selection.
Tweak the double click properties in the Wacom prefs in C/P. Rob
BD
Bob_Davis
May 19, 2004
Rob…

The double-click settings are at their defaults, about 3/4 toward "slow" for "Set Double-Click Speed," 2 clicks for "Set Double-Click, and a check in the box on the far left of that section next to "Double-click Assist."

Any suggestion on what settings to try first? It is possible I’m hitting the double-click function on the pen’s tool button. I’ll keep an eye on it.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
May 19, 2004
First, turn off Double-click-assist. Forgot that. Gives problems. And indeed the button on the pen is sensitive. Keep the Double Click fast for a while. See if that improves it, Bob.

Rob
RB
Raphael_Beaupre
May 27, 2004
Im having the same problems. I have try several different tablets no matter what kind of wacom I use I always encounter this problem ..

My suggestion is to add an option (in photoshop) to turn the auto-complete feature on or off ..

it is really anoying .. 🙁

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections