A
Posted By
amccolgan
May 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I went into PS (6.0) and went File> Browse and the brows window open and I could get tot he files all OK but I can not close the window. I tried everything, there is no way I can see the top of that window to see the "X" to close it. The very top of the window where one would see the top bar and also the very top of the working window including the first line of information (like the top line of the file tree) is covered by the ( not sure what you call it) the bar that comes up when ever you click on a tool on the tools pallet. Anyone know how I can open and close this at will? I tried rebooting the computer, shutting down PS everything and it just keep coming back like that
…..thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

D
d._wade_thompson
May 24, 2004
go to window>workspace>reset pallet locations

wade
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
May 24, 2004
With the browse window open, try going to the Window menu and selecting Workspace > Reset Palette Locations (this is PS7, PS6 should be similar). I think that should re-establish a default size for the File Browser window where the top of the window will be accessible.

Hope that helps,

Daryl
JG
John_Gregson
May 24, 2004
<ctl>-F4 or <ctl>-w will also close the sub-window. Alternatively, <alt>-space will open the sub-window menu option and then you can select Move, then use the arrow keys to move the window around until the X appears.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 4, 2004
there was no browser in 6.

in 7 make sure you’re screen res is 1024×768 or better (so the palette well is up) then do reset palette locations. the browser will jump into the well, you can use it from there or carefully drag it back out and place it where you want.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections