A
Posted By
ABois
Jul 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to print a collage of images on one sheet of paper. When I size my image, how come it appears bigger than it should when I transfer it to my new file?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GH
Gary Hummell
Jul 9, 2003
I would start with a file that is the finish size of my collage set at a resolution of 300 ppi. I would then size the images based on the 300 ppi resolution and add them to the collage. The result should be just right.

Gary
C
Cheesefood
Jul 10, 2003
AB,

It all depends on the resolution of the images involved. A low resolution file (72 dpi) has small pixel dimensions than a high resolution (300 dpi) file. Therefore, when you place a high resolution image in a low resolution environment, you’re putting in more pixels, therefore making it appear larger.

For example: a 4" x 4" high resolution file is 1200 x 1200 pixels. At 72 dpi, that 4" x 4" is 288 x 288 pixels. When you move it from one document to another, it’s reading pixel size, not inches.

Resolution is like:

Threadcount. The higher the percale, the softer the sheet.

Sandpaper: the higher the number, the finer the grain.

Density: Two object can be the same size, yet completely different weight because of density.

Make sure all your images are high-resolution before you begin, and you’ll be happy with the outcome.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections