When using *Windows File Explorer*, I no longer see thumbnails for .PSD files . . .

SS
Posted By
Stan Shankman
Dec 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When using *File Explorer*, I no longer see thumbnails for .PSD files . . .

Greetings all,

As I recall, I use to be able to see thumbnails for .PSD files while using my file explorer. But now, I no longer can. I think something has changed. Also, when I use the

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RF
Robert Feinman
Dec 14, 2003
In article <3fdc14ba$0$41289$>,
says…
When using *File Explorer*, I no longer see thumbnails for .PSD files . . .
Greetings all,

As I recall, I use to be able to see thumbnails for .PSD files while using my file explorer. But now, I no longer can. I think something has changed. Also, when I use the “open” menu from within Photoshop, and select “thumbnails”, I still don’t see thumbnails on .PSD files.
However, if I highlight the file, it does produce a thumbnail, but elsewhere on the “open” panel.
So, am I wrong on this? Did I really use to see thumbnails for .PSD file? Or did I just notice for the first time that they exist?

Anyway, if anyone can shed any light on this matter, I would appreciate hearing form you.
Thanks all,
– Stan Shankman
This is an "improvement" in Photoshop CS. They expect you to use the built-in file browser.

Robert D Feinman

Landscapes, Cityscapes, Panoramas and Photoshop Tips
http://robertdfeinman.com
EG
Eric Gill
Dec 14, 2003
Robert Feinman wrote in
news::

This is an "improvement" in Photoshop CS.

No quote marks needed. The on-the-fly thumbnails of previous versions hurt system performance and crashed. A lot.

There are plenty of better systems, and this:

They expect you to use the
built-in file browser.

….is one of them.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections