J
Posted By
JoeStar
Jun 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently asked about superimposing a photo onto stone, it’s looking good but the colors are off! The photo is gray scale and it picks up some of the stone color based on the layer opacity. But it still looks too gray, the stone is more earth tone.
How can I shift the color of the photo layer to MATCH the stone colors? Can I alter the palette colors of the layer? Or if I merge down can I alter the colors of a selected area.(The face in the stone)
Any suggestion would be most helpful!!!!
Joe

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JR
John_R_Nielsen
Jun 6, 2004
To change the color, use ‘Hue and Saturation’, probably with the ‘Colorize’ box checked.

You might also try some other blending mode for the layer. Luminosity might be a good choice.
GP
Gene Palmiter
Jun 6, 2004
I tend to do things the quick and dirty way since I have to make money at it…and time is money! If I were in that situation where I had a grey scale image that I wanted to make a monochromatic. I would turn it to a duotone and pick a color like the one in the stone as the second color….then I would make it RGB or CMYK as required. That preserves the color and lets you layer it.

There may be more elegant ways…but that would be for when there is time to play with it.

wrote in message
I recently asked about superimposing a photo onto stone, it’s looking good
but the colors are off! The photo is gray scale and it picks up some of the stone color based on the layer opacity. But it still looks too gray, the stone is more earth tone.
How can I shift the color of the photo layer to MATCH the stone colors?
Can I alter the palette colors of the layer? Or if I merge down can I alter the colors of a selected area.(The face in the stone)
Any suggestion would be most helpful!!!!
Joe

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections