SL
Posted By
Steve_Lambesis
Jun 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to learn how to layer one picture on top of another… I would like to take a very large full moon shot, get rid of the black sky, leaving just the moon as the back layer, and bring a full picture image over that cut out of the moon, creating a silhouetted image in front of the moon.

Probably easy for you experts, but I can’t figure out how to do it. Any help to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

ML
Mike_Logan
Jun 10, 2004
Simply select Add New Layer from the Layers Palette – Voila !!! Or drag the layer from the image you want over to the window of the other file and it should create a brand new layer for you automatically.
BT
Bart_Tieman
Jun 10, 2004
You could also just do it the other way around. If you open the ‘Full Picture’, and then drag the cut-out of the full moon on it, and then use the Blending Options Menu to tone down the Opacity, you get the exact same effect.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections