C
Posted By
coldfuzion
Jun 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey is there a way to do a clean re install , i tried but all my old settings came back , i need to do one cause problems keep coming up please help

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 15, 2004
Delete prefs …

Actually, deleting prefs might fix your prob period.

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/6712.htm

M
J
Jim
Jun 15, 2004
It is your preferences that are wrong. A reinstallation does not delete your old preferences file, hence if there is a problem with preferences, reinstallation is a waste of time.
wrote in message
Hey is there a way to do a clean re install , i tried but all my old
settings came back , i need to do one cause problems keep coming up please help
FO
Fred_Obdam
Jun 16, 2004
After installing photoshop 7.0 my computer is extremely slow with its boot and several programs start very slow.
I use Windows XP home and have 256 MB memory.
How do I fix this?
WK
William Kazak
Jun 22, 2004
I would defrag the computer. I would go to Photoshop preferences and place the scratch disk on your second HD or whatever different drive is open other than C, not on the default setting.
I would take everything out of the start menu that is not necessary. I would download Adaware and Spybot and get rid of all spyware.
William

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections