Renaming a group of files – is this possible ?

V
Posted By
victory
Sep 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new to digital photography and have just taken a series of shots which I may want to work on in Photoshop 7.

I have about 20 files saved on my hard drive and , as I would like to work on them in P.S.7.0 , I want to copy them to another folder and rename them as copies .

I would prefer not to do this individually in 20 separate operations , I am wondering whether it is possible to highlight all of these files and then make the re-naming apply to all of the files at the same time ..

Is this possible and , if it is , how do I do it ?

B.N.

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

C
Caitlin
Sep 30, 2005
wrote in message
I am new to digital photography and have just taken a series of shots which I may want to work on in Photoshop 7.

I have about 20 files saved on my hard drive and , as I would like to work on them in P.S.7.0 , I want to copy them to another folder and rename them as copies .

I would prefer not to do this individually in 20 separate operations , I am wondering whether it is possible to highlight all of these files and then make the re-naming apply to all of the files at the same time .

B.N.

The freeware program Irfanview can batch rename files. (And is good for lots of other things too)
H
harrylimey
Sep 30, 2005
wrote:

Not many people know this!!! – but if you have Windows XP you can higlight all the files, and then right click and choose rename – only one of the files will open for renaming – go ahead and put what you like but include the extension – i.e. .jpg and press transmit, all your files are then renumbered sequentially!!

Harry
V
Voivod
Oct 1, 2005
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 22:34:38 +0100, scribbled:

I would prefer not to do this individually in 20 separate operations , I am wondering whether it is possible to highlight all of these files and then make the re-naming apply to all of the files at the same time .

Highlight them, press CTRL-C, then press, CTRL-V in the same folder, you now have copies of the files named as ‘copy of [etc]’. move the copies wherever you want them…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections