L
Posted By
LULU
Oct 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m working with Photoshop CS. How do I open two separate images and then layer or combine them into a single image. The images are the same size and resolution. I’m an artist and wish to do variations and recombinations of various images ( and eventually individual channels?). Basically stacking layers and transparencies to acheive a new image or images. I’m beginning to understand the whole layers process, but I can’t seem to get the results that I want. Can a separate image be opened as a layer of an image that you’re currently working on or somehow be imported into the mix? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your input,
Lulu : )

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LK
Laura K
Oct 5, 2005
"LULU" wrote in
news:UiZ0f.377174$:

I’m working with Photoshop CS. How do I open two separate images and then layer or combine them into a single image. The images are the same size and resolution. I’m an artist and wish to do variations and recombinations of various images ( and eventually individual channels?). Basically stacking layers and transparencies to acheive a new image or images. I’m beginning to understand the whole layers process, but I can’t seem to get the results that I want. Can a separate image be opened as a layer of an image that you’re currently working on or somehow be imported into the mix? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Open both images. Using the black arrow, drag Image 1 onto Image 2. A copy of Image 1 will automatically become a layer of image 2.
You can keep doing that with as many images as you want. You can also open a new, blank document and drag both images onto that.
L
LULU
Oct 5, 2005
Thank you! I just might learn some of the ins and outs of this software yet. I’m guessing that will take quite awhile. There’s lots of stuff, huh?

Thanks again,

"Laura K" wrote in message
"LULU" wrote in

Open both images. Using the black arrow, drag Image 1 onto Image 2. A copy of
Image 1 will automatically become a layer of image 2.
You can keep doing that with as many images as you want. You can also open a new, blank document and drag both images onto that.
K
KatWoman
Oct 6, 2005
"LULU" wrote in message
Thank you! I just might learn some of the ins and outs of this software yet. I’m guessing that will take quite awhile. There’s lots of stuff, huh?

Thanks again,

"Laura K" wrote in message
"LULU" wrote in

Open both images. Using the black arrow, drag Image 1 onto Image 2. A copy of
Image 1 will automatically become a layer of image 2.

using PS from 4.0 to CS, since 1996, still learning new things all the time…………
HL
Harry Limey
Oct 6, 2005
"LULU" wrote in message
I’m working with Photoshop CS. How do I open two separate images and then layer or combine them into a single image. The images are the same size and resolution. I’m an artist and wish to do variations and recombinations of various images

Try Photomerge – from the file menu –

Harry
JH
Jim Hargan
Oct 6, 2005
On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 23:42:01 GMT, Laura K wrote:

"LULU" wrote in

Open both images. Using the black arrow, drag Image 1 onto Image 2. A copy of Image 1 will automatically become a layer of image 2.

Hold down the shift key while you do this, and they will automatically line up.

Jim Hargan

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections