DL
Posted By
Doug_Landrum
Jun 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop CS has been working for months. It now will not load. It freezes at Reading Text Global Resources – Done. Please help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 27, 2004
Have you read the other topics with almost identical problems?

Have you tried the solutions given in those topics?
L
LenHewitt
Jun 27, 2004
Tip: Do a forum Search on ‘New Doc Sizes.psp’
DL
Doug_Landrum
Jun 27, 2004
Thank you LenHewitt, deletion of "New Doc Sizes.psp" from:

C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings

did the trick. I am off and running again. What a strange bug.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 27, 2004
it’s not a bug. you edited the file in a text editor and non-ascii (unicode) characters weren’t preserved. in cs you need to create your custom doc sizes in the File> New dialog and save them from there.
HP
Helen_Polson
Jun 28, 2004
you edited the file in a text editor and non-ascii (unicode) characters weren’t preserved.

Dave- I never edited the file by hand when mine fell over. I did add a new preset through the file > new box though. It’s a useful feature- shame I can’t get the boss to shell out the cash for CS (I was using the demo when I had this problem)
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 28, 2004
interesting. i thought chris had said the problem was that there were now unicode characters in the file and that editing them with a non-unicode-supporting editor (like notepad) caused them to fail. imo, it’s a bad idea. what was wrong with leaving it text based?
CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 4, 2004
Dave – it is text based: Unicode text so that people using non Roman type can use it.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 5, 2004
wordpad xp supports unicode. i think you have to make sure you set an option when saving though. seems like it should know that (file type, "Unicode Text Document") when it’s opened, but I think it defaults to save as regular text anyway. Not your problem, of course, and I see what you mean.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections