A
Posted By
avmics
Jun 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a texture for a 3d model that is comprised of different photos. The colors and shades are not the same. They do not blend well together especially where adjacent. What is the best method of blending the seams and making all components match in terms of color?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LL
Laurel Lesser
Jun 28, 2004
I would suggest (if you are in CS) to save each of the images you want to merge together into the montage in one folder, and then use the "photomerge" feature (file\automate\photomerge). You can choose to blend them in whatever layout you like, and it will automatically blend the images with a feathered effect.
A
avmics
Jun 29, 2004
I am using version 6.0.
LL
Laurel Lesser
Jun 29, 2004
Well, I guess I would go into each photo individually, and feather the edges a bit, so that your photos will blend at the feathered edge, and then copy and paste each photo into one "base" image or background. As you paste each photo into the "base" image, it will create separate layers for you. Then you can go into each separate layer and manipulate the attributes of that layer to make them all blend as needed, or you can move them around individually to get the layout you like.
Good Luck!
A
avmics
Jun 29, 2004
thanks great info
AC
Aaron_Cramer
Jun 30, 2004
have situations like yours all the time. what i do is use the pen tool to draw a shape over the part you want to blend. then, give that shape a gradient overlay. make the gradient overlay go from the color of one side you want to blend to the other, and it comes out nicely. hope that helps.
A
avmics
Jun 30, 2004
thanks great info

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections