Dave B
Jan 1, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

Ok – i’m cross-posting. But I really want an answer to this one… 🙂

So – in CS2 – When I Control-click on a layer (in the canvas – not in the layers pallette), it selects the layer just as it always has (yeah!)

….UNLESS the layer is in a set (or Group, I guess they’re called now), in which case Control-click only selects the Group – not the individual layer within that group. Surely there’s a way around this. yes?

Thanks!

Dave B

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TE
Trace Elliot
Jan 1, 2006
Dave B wrote:
Hi,

Ok – i’m cross-posting. But I really want an answer to this one… 🙂
So – in CS2 – When I Control-click on a layer (in the canvas – not in the layers pallette), it selects the layer just as it always has (yeah!)
…UNLESS the layer is in a set (or Group, I guess they’re called now), in which case Control-click only selects the Group – not the individual layer within that group. Surely there’s a way around this. yes?
Thanks!

Dave B

In the Tool Bar (with the Move Tool selected in the Tool Palette) you can choose for:

"Auto select layer" & then "Auto select groups"

I guess the "auto select groups" option is selected in your case. So, uncheck that option and have just "’Auto select layer" checked.

HTH

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections