DS
Posted By
David_Skidmore
Jul 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
It seems that every session in PS creates a new and distinct temp file without deleting the old. Before long my hard drive is full with gigabyte sized temp files. Is there a way to manage the temp files so that they disappear at the end of a session or overwrite the last one or something. As it is now I have to go into explorer and delete it to make it go away.

Dave Skidmore

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 9, 2004
What version of Photoshop are you using?

That doesn’t sound like the behavior of any recent version of Photoshop.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 9, 2004
make sure you’re exiting photoshop before shutting down windows.
DS
David_Skidmore
Jul 9, 2004
Im using PS CS.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 9, 2004
David – well, Photoshop CS deletes scratch files when it quits, and deletes any leftover from a crash when you launch it again. There aren’t any leftover files.

So I don’t know what you’re seeing.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 10, 2004
There aren’t any leftover files.

Not always true.

I just deleted 2 from my scratch drive. one was about 2 gig, one was about 10 gig. Both were pretty old. As I have enough space and don’t use that drive for much else, I never noticed them.
M
MeadowAcreslc
Jul 10, 2004
I am having the same problem – PS CS creates a temp file all the time and I have to manually delete them. Also, it will never let me delete the most recent temp file – it says it’s in use.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 10, 2004
Dave – hmm, they’d have to be from a much older version, or there is something preventing Photoshop from deleting them.

MeadowAcresic – if Photoshop isn’t running, then it isn’t in use. That makes it sound like there is an OS bug, or some utility holding them open.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 10, 2004
chris, nope. MAYbe from 7, but that’s all that (was) on this box. I just did a fresh install, that’s when I found them. I suspect they’re from cs crashes (to the desktop) I had early on (never able to reproduce).
CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 11, 2004
Hmm, then I’d look for something in the OS or a utility that is holding them open.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 11, 2004
nodding. i’ll try to keep an eye on it.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections