BG
Posted By
barry gray
Jul 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Tried the "export transparent image" under "help" yet? If I understand correctly, you need a clipping path, that’ll do it.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GA
Gordon Anderson
Jul 13, 2003
Thanks Barry. I just tried that and I only get a blank box when I "Place" it in Illustrator. Seems like I’m forgetting something. For the clipping path, I used the Lasso tool to draw a line around the image, and it gave me the marching ants. Is that all that I need? Thx.
BG
barry gray
Jul 13, 2003
Gordon-
Invert your selection.
GA
Gordon Anderson
Jul 13, 2003
Ahhhh, that worked Barry…Thx.
Thx also Len. I have Illustrator 10 (and Photoshop 7) and I also heard that you can just put it on a transparent background, which I did, save it as a psd and copy and place it, but for some reason it kept saying "File format is a format that can not be placed". Not sure if I’m still just missing a simple step but at any rate the transparent background, outline with lasso tool, invert, and then export transparency under the help menu worked. Thanks again to you both.
L
LenHewitt
Jul 13, 2003
Gordon,

"File format is a format that can not be placed". <<

Sounds like a 16-bit file……

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections