Posted By
Tim_Francis
Jul 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

This is related to my Windows 2000/Adobe stream post.

I have now found that my Aboe Photoshop 7.0 crashes when it gets to "Initializing ICC Engine"

Anyone know how to over come this.? I have removed all traces of photoshop from the registery with Recleanr, tried reinstalling, still the same problem.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
LenHewitt
Jul 13, 2004
Tim,

You have a bad ICC profile on your system, most probably a monitor profile.

Remove all monitor profiles from your system32\spool\drives\color folder and then run Adobe Gamma and create a new monitor profile selecting sRGB as your starting point. Don’t forget to change the text in the Description box and ENSURE YOU SAVE TO A NEW FILENAME – or you will over-write your sRGB profile.
TF
Tim_Francis
Jul 13, 2004
Hi Len,

Ok I have deleted my ICC profiles and have deleted my font lists. But still it is exiting when "initializing ICC profile".

I still have a couple of Adobe programs on my PC, prehaps remove ALL of them and try again?
L
LenHewitt
Jul 13, 2004
Tim,

I have deleted my ICC profiles <<

Not ALL of them I hope! If you have deleted all of them you are going to need to do at least an uninstall/re-install of Photoshop
TF
Tim_Francis
Jul 14, 2004
Hi Len I have unstilled and reinstalled Photoshop about 5 times!

I also have a trial of Photoshop CS, but that was working fine. Its only Photoshop 7.0.

I have tried removing CS aswell, then reinstalling 7.0, still same problem.
L
LenHewitt
Jul 14, 2004
Tim,

still same problem.<<

Then you still have a bad (monitor ?) ICC profile on your machine…

Do a search for *.icm and *.icc files. If you right-click on each and choose Properties>Profile Information it will tell you what the profile is for. If it’s a monitor profile (or a profile that you’re not going to use) MOVE it to another folder somewhere, rather than deleting it)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections