CA
Posted By
Courtney_Armbruster
Jul 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m working on a project that requires circles of different thickness borders. The circles are small in diameter (.5 to 2-inch diameter) with thick strokes. The problem is that when you apply a stroke to a small circle made with the elliptical marquee tool, it is not smooth and round! A small circle with a thick stroke (whether inside, center, or outside stroke) is chunky and noticeably anguler instead of smooth. Can I do anything about this or am I just going to have to make thick-stroked circles another way?

Thanks,

Courtney

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Jul 15, 2004
Do this in Illustrator–Photoshop can’t fake your eye into seeing a round shape made out of square pixels at small values! Or instead of using the marquee tool use a path shape (use the shape tool with the second pen selected) then stroke the path. This way works because shapes are vector while marquee selections are technically raster.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections