H
Posted By
how786
Jul 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to clone from one photo to another. The problem I am having is in reducing the size of the cloned image on the original. No matter how small I make the image I am cloning FROM, it always clones full size on the target image that I am cloning TO.
I’ve checked the help files and can’t figure out what I am doing wrong. How do I reduce the scale of the image I am cloning? It is always way too large even though I make the source image 1.5×2 and the destination image is 15X20.
Thanks
Howard

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 17, 2004
Make both images same pixel width.

Match the one you are cloning From to same as one you are cloning To. If From is lower rez than To, you have a prob (sorry, I couldn’t exactly understand that part from your description).

Mac
H
how786
Jul 17, 2004
OK. TY.
If I use my older version of PS, the one just before CS, I have no problem cloning regardless of the dpi for source and destination images. When I reduce the size of the source image, it clones way smaller in the destination image.
With CS, no matter how small I make the source image, it always clones full size. Does this help?
Howard
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 17, 2004
Sorry, I’m still using 7.

I’d think cloning in CS would behave the same, but I’ll let some CS folks chime in, since I don’t have hands on.

M
L
LenHewitt
Jul 17, 2004
The way the clone tool works in PSCS hasn’t changed.

It will clone one pixel from the source to one pixel in the target. So, if you viewing both source and target at 100% then whatever you clone will appear at the same size in the target as it does in the source.
WO
Walwin_Oglivie
Jul 18, 2004
try this! double click on background of the image you are trying to clone press ok it will say background copy. next click on free transform resize the document say real small then click the move tool move the image to the new image you are working on go back to the original close it out you will be asked if you want to save the changes made to the original document click no. (important) because if you click yes you would’ve messed up original this way if you make mistake you can try again. now back to the new document click on the new image hit free transform and resize the image to the size you want . no muss no fuss if this is too hard and you want only a small part of image use the marque tool to select the item you want the hit control+J to make selection a layer then use move tool to switch to new doc. the se magic wand on new doc. to remove color then presto changeo you have a new piece for your puzzle lol good luck hope this helps

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections