I Don’t Find Value in Tablet ( Wacom Graphire3)

KH
Posted By
Ken Hall
Dec 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I do a lot of selecting/extracting of parts of images for various reasons. I’ve seen so many rave comments about how great tablets are for this I bought a Graphire3. So far I haven’t found it more useful than a mouse (both are frustrating).

The problem I have is the pen slides around on the hard, slick pad surface like it was on ice. I find this as difficult to control as the mouse. Am I doing something wrong?

Ken

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DT
Deco_time
Dec 24, 2003
nKen Hall deftly typed:
I do a lot of selecting/extracting of parts of images for various reasons. I’ve seen so many rave comments about how great tablets are for this I bought a Graphire3. So far I haven’t found it more useful than a mouse (both are frustrating).

The problem I have is the pen slides around on the hard, slick pad surface like it was on ice. I find this as difficult to control as the mouse. Am I doing something wrong?

Ken

When I want to sketch something, I put a piece of paper on the pad to get the "paper feel". You might want to try that.

MLB
www.odysea.ca
E
edjh
Dec 24, 2003
Ken Hall wrote:

Ken
I think you need a gentler touch. But aside from that, tape a piece of paper on top of the surface to provide some friction.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
C
clevere
Dec 26, 2003
Ken, if it’s the first time you’ve used a tablet, give yourself some time to become used to how to tablet works. Given time, most people give up the normal mouse all together.

"Ken Hall" wrote in message

Ken

—–= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =—– http://www.newsfeeds.com – The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! —–== Over 100,000 Newsgroups – 19 Different Servers! =—–

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections