Posted By
Chris_Nash
Jul 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

a bit of a newbe question, but im looking to remove a section of an outline from an oval. I would appreciate it if you could have a quick look at the attached image at

www.geocities.com/coolpalms/logomodifier.jpg

and let me know how I could remove the outline from beneath the "Christophe Bondu" text.

Your help would be much appreciated

Chris Nash

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AC
Aaron_Cramer
Jul 28, 2004
Are you creating this shape? That is, is this a psd you are working on, or do you only have the flattened jpeg?
CN
Chris_Nash
Jul 28, 2004
thanks for your reply,

I created the logo myself in PSD format. its a shape that I created using the standard oval tool in Photoshop, so no it hasnt been vectorised.

Any suggestions??

thanks again
AC
Aaron_Cramer
Jul 28, 2004
Yes! That’s what i wanted to hear. Go to your oval layer and go to blending options (right arrow on the layer pallet or double click layer in empty space – to the right of the thumbnail) and check the box that says "layer mask hides effects" (I assume your outline is a stroke on that layer) then, give that layer a mask. Next, ctrl click on the layer’s thumbnail in the layer palette to select it. Then hit inverse (Shift+Ctrl I) and paint black where you don’t want your stroke to show up on your mask.
CN
Chris_Nash
Jul 29, 2004
thanks for reply, much appreciated.
CN
Chris_Nash
Jul 29, 2004
thanks, greatly appreciated, youve saved me a lot of time and effort! I knew there must have been a simple solution, just need to know how!
AC
Aaron_Cramer
Jul 29, 2004
No problem. I’m glad it helped you out.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections