Posted By
ergobob
Feb 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

An engineer created a set of 3D drawings in AutoCAD. He then put those drawings into Adobe PDF files and sent them to me. I want to reduce the drawings in size and get them into a Word document.

The problem is that the drawings are quite large in their Actual Size. When I reduce the PDF in Adobe Reader and paste into Word, there are odd artifacts in the text part of the drawings. Specifically, the capital letter "I" comes out large and bold compared to the rest of the text.

Similarly, when I copy and paste from PDF to Photoshop, I get the same artifacts.

Does anyone know why the text is showing this odd behavior? Is there a way to go from a large PDF drawing to Photoshop or directly to Word without distorting the text?

Thanks a lot,

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

I
Infinitech
Feb 3, 2007
Hymer wrote:
Hello,

An engineer created a set of 3D drawings in AutoCAD. He then put those drawings into Adobe PDF files and sent them to me. I want to reduce the drawings in size and get them into a Word document.

that what’ is happening when you entrust an engineer with drawing 😉

Iin autoCAD the drawings are vectors (I don’t know AutoCAD but it seems logical to me
but when you transform this in PDF via PS (which is not the best one to do that),
you have to keep it vestorised and not rasterise it, as you change the size you will affect the "quality" of curves.
But I’m not that qualified to explain as I use PS only as a raster image program.

Infinitech
A
Aad
Feb 3, 2007
"Hymer" <[REMOVE].net> schreef in bericht
Hello,

The problem is that the drawings are quite large in their Actual Size. When I reduce the PDF in Adobe Reader and paste into Word, there are odd artifacts in the text part of the drawings. Specifically, the capital letter "I" comes out large and bold compared to the rest of the text.
Similarly, when I copy and paste from PDF to Photoshop, I get the same artifacts.

Does anyone know why the text is showing this odd behavior? Is there a way to go from a large PDF drawing to Photoshop or directly to Word without distorting the text?

Thanks a lot,

Bob
If nothing else will do, use the ‘print screen’ button and past into Photoshop.
Cut out the part you need and import into Word.
kr
Aad
FS
Fat Sam
Feb 3, 2007
Hymer wrote:
Hello,

Thanks a lot,

Bob

You can open a PDF directly into CS2.
Don’t know about earlier versions though.
E
ergobob
Feb 3, 2007
"Fat Sam" wrote in message
Hymer wrote:
Hello,

Thanks a lot,

Bob

You can open a PDF directly into CS2.
Don’t know about earlier versions though.

Hello Fat Sam,

Thanks so much. I Opened the PDF in Photoshop and was able to Resize the image without loss of resolution or introduction of artifacts in the text.

Much Appreciated,

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections