TW
Posted By
Tony Williams
Feb 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My canvas background is yellow and I want it to be white. How do I do this? I’ve double clicked on the background colour in the tools and I can’t seem to find white as a colour to use?
Thanks
Tony

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mike Russell
Feb 13, 2007
"Tony Williams" wrote in message
My canvas background is yellow and I want it to be white. How do I do this? I’ve double clicked on the background colour in the tools and I can’t seem to find white as a colour to use?

This is probably a system issue and not directly a Photoshop one.

Start by running Adobe Gamma again – or your profiling software if you are using a device to calibrate your monitor. If you see an adjustment for color temperature, set it to "native" or 6500K.

There is also an old problem relating to video drivers that affected older versions of Photoshop. If you are running PS6 or earlier that could be the problem.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/
TW
Tony Williams
Feb 13, 2007
Thanks for the reply Mike. I think the calibration is OK I have had a white background before but needed to change it for a particular file I was working on. I did this by double clicking on the set foreground box on the tools and changed it there but I can’t change it back to white. Sorry I misled you it is the foreground colour that is yellow not the background colour.
Thanks again
Tony
"Mike Russell" wrote in message

Start by running Adobe Gamma again – or your profiling software if you are using a device to calibrate your monitor. If you see an adjustment for color temperature, set it to "native" or 6500K.
There is also an old problem relating to video drivers that affected older versions of Photoshop. If you are running PS6 or earlier that could be the problem.

Mike Russell

E
edjh
Feb 13, 2007
Tony Williams wrote:
Thanks for the reply Mike. I think the calibration is OK I have had a white background before but needed to change it for a particular file I was working on. I did this by double clicking on the set foreground box on the tools and changed it there but I can’t change it back to white. Sorry I misled you it is the foreground colour that is yellow not the background colour.
Thanks again
Tony
"Mike Russell" wrote in message

Mike Russell

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
E
edjh
Feb 13, 2007
Tony Williams wrote:
Thanks
Tony
Hit D to get Black foreground and White background, Hit X to switch them. Click on either swatch to pick whatever colors you want in the Color Picker.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
T
Tacit
Feb 14, 2007
In article ,
"Tony Williams" wrote:

Thanks again

Click on the foreground square in the toolbar. This will bring up the color picker. Enter 255, 255, 255 for the RGB values.

If the result is yellow and not white, your computer monitor calibration is bad. Run Adobe Gamma again.

Photography, kink, polyamory, shareware, and more: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
TW
Tony Williams
Feb 14, 2007
Thanks guys recalibrated again without the default calibration and now OK Tony
Thanks
Tony

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections