Posted By
daweb
Aug 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Good Afternoon,

How do you unlock and edit GIF images? This is probably something pretty basic but I haven’t been able to figure this out. I just want to remove something from the image, keeping the remainder of the image the same.

Thanks for your time,

Debbie

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AC
Aaron_Cramer
Aug 16, 2004
to remove something, you should be able to use the eraser tool in Photoshop. Being a GIF file should make no difference.
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 16, 2004
The image is probably in Index Mode. For many editing functions you will have to convert it to RGB – Image|Mode|RGB, when you are finished editing you can either change it back to Index mode or File|Save For Web.

Peace,
Tony
D
daweb
Aug 16, 2004
Aaron & Tony – thanks for your responses.

Ok, I changed the Image mode to RGB. But I still can’t get to the objects. The layers panel only shows the background. There is text and an another graphic object as well in the GIF. How do I edit the objects?

Again, thanks for your help!

Debbie
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 16, 2004
Debbie,

Gif does not support layers, thus, you have a flattened image. You cannot edit anything directly per se. You have to use your eraser tool, clone brush, etc.
D
daweb
Aug 16, 2004
Thanks for your help! – D

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections