DK
Posted By
David Krupp
Jul 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I download images from my Canon Powershot A70 to my computer. I shoot at the largest file size for maximum resolution (approx. 2000 X 1500), but when I reduce the size of the image to 6 X 4.5", the resolution shown in Photoshop Elements is much smaller (433 X 324) and the pixel count is 72 ppi. I increase the pixel count to 300 ppi, which Photoshop tells me raises the size of the file to 1800 X 1350, but when I print the images using the two different resolution specs, I see no difference.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 1, 2003
David, if you’re changing dimensions for printing, you want to go into Image>Resize>Image Size and remove the checkmark from the box marked Resample. Then when you change document size (linear dimensions), you’ll see that your image size (pixel dimensions) remains at your original size and the resolution (pixels per inch) gets up well into the range where your printed photo will not show any pixellation (a 2000×1500 pixels image will give you 333 ppi at 4.5×6 inches, well over the threshhold used by most for prints).

Chuck
MM
Mac McDougald
Jul 1, 2003
When you first set size in inches, make sure Resample is OFF.

Mac

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections