Can Photoshop Elements open Postscript EPS files?

M
Posted By
mlacek
Jul 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need a program or viewer of some kind that is able to open vector & raster based Postscript EPS files. I can’t find anything that can handle both types of .eps files so far (only the tiff-based .eps files). Can Elements do it? Or do you know of another viewer that can? (All I need to do is view them). Thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
BobHill
Jul 3, 2003
Mlacek

EPS is a print file and can be either vector or raster. Although it’s designed for print and not editing, you should be able to open a vector (at least from Illustrator) EPS in Elements OK in RGB. It’ll actually open the raster header preview file (which is a TIFF), but it will allow for editing and then saving as a raster EPS. Just because it MAY open one EPS file from Illustrator doesn’t mean that it’ll open EPS from all programs, nor even ALL from Illustrator. Not all programs will create a "standard" and editable EPS file for all programs. Remember it’s designed as a PRINT file, not an editing file.

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections