GS
Posted By
GCH_Scott
Aug 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Photoshop 7. I have a rectangular image and want to remove the top right-hand corner of it (at 40 degrees to the vertical) to leave a trapezium. I’ve been unable to find a way of doing this and haven’t found a solution in the help files, the Knowledgebase or here (so I have tried!)

I’m relaitvely new to Photoshop so I may be missing something obvious; has anyone any suggestions of how to accomplish this seemingly straightforward task?

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SF
Scott_Falkner
Aug 20, 2004
Select using the Polygon Lasso tool (under the Lasso) and delete. You can’t "crop" it, because all Photoshop files are rectangles.
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 20, 2004
And holding down the shift key while using the polygon lasso tool will snap it to a straight line preserving your angle.
GS
GCH_Scott
Aug 27, 2004
Excellent, it works a treat – thanks very much. (Sorry for not responding sooner – I’d been expecting an email alert if there had been any replies and there wasn’t one.)
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 27, 2004
as you’ll note from the time stamp on the responses, most questions are answered pretty quick here. you may have dismissed a notification as the original message. always best to check back with an hour or 2.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections