J
Posted By
jamesstep
Dec 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have hundreds of photos that I need to resize and I’d like to automate the process by creating an Action.

I’ve created Actions before and know the basics, but
in this case I’m stumped because I need to resize each
photo so that its *longest* dimension is 500 pixels, but the problem is that some photos are vertically oriented
and some are horizontally oriented.

So if I set up an Action that included Image Size > Width > 500 pixels, the horizontal photos would be sized properly but not the vertical ones, and vice versa.

Any ideas (other than pre-sorting them) on how to script this?

Thanks,

James

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Remove "NOSPAM" from my address when sending me e-mail. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

E
edjh
Dec 31, 2003
JamesStep wrote:

I have hundreds of photos that I need to resize and I’d like to automate the process by creating an Action.

I’ve created Actions before and know the basics, but
in this case I’m stumped because I need to resize each
photo so that its *longest* dimension is 500 pixels, but the problem is that some photos are vertically oriented
and some are horizontally oriented.

So if I set up an Action that included Image Size > Width > 500 pixels, the horizontal photos would be sized properly but not the vertical ones, and vice versa.

Any ideas (other than pre-sorting them) on how to script this?

Thanks,

James

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Remove "NOSPAM" from my address when sending me e-mail. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Try File>Automate>Fit Image.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections