ImageReady CS not respecting slice selections…

FK
Posted By
frances_karpinski
Feb 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having the same exact problem. Specifically I am unable to create a small HTML table that I want to nest in a different HTML page. Since this page will have lengthy text I cannot use the Imageready optimized table with all of the slices optimized. Rather, I need a small table and just want to select certain slices and have them optimized as HTML and images. Could always do this with 7.0

It is a bug with CS. I just spent 40 minutes on the phone with tech support about it. Hopefully they will create a fix, and soon. It’s rather inconvenient to have to create a new HTML table when ImageReady is supposed to do this for me.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
MarkATS
Feb 12, 2004
is this a known bug? Is there a work-around?

I’m not seeing this behavior. I only get my selected or user created slices.
MP
Michael_P._McHugh
Feb 12, 2004
Well, at least they’ve acknowledged that it’s a bug.

Hopefully a fix will come soon.

Thanks for the update!

-mpm
MP
Michael_P._McHugh
Feb 12, 2004
Whenever I use the feature, I get the entire page rendered in HTML. In 7, if you selected a portion of the page only it would be exported in the HTML, rather than the full page.

-mpm
TK
therese_k_nielsen
Feb 12, 2004
yes, it is definitely a problem in CS. It worked fine in 7.0 I actually don’t have CS yet and don’t plan to purchase it for this reason. The school I teach at has it though, forcing me to deal with this issue.
M
MarkATS
Feb 13, 2004
TK
therese_k_nielsen
Feb 14, 2004
TS did not tell me anything. Actually he didn’t know what I was talking about, didn’t know that you could actually optimize only part of the page as HTML.

OK, here are the steps, that I have done many times in IR 7.0 and had it work fine, but when I attempt to do it in CS it does not work. First, I select certain slices I want to be a little ‘mini-table’. Then I "Save Optimized As…". Next I choose "HTML and Images", with "Selected Slices Only". Unfortunately IR 8.0 will optimize my entire page as HTML, defeating the purpose of my wanting to select only certain slices for my ‘mini-table’.

I think you may be misunderstanding and thinking the problem is that I cannot optimize selected slices as Images Only. Actually this works fine. The problem is that I want to have the selected slices optimized as HTML as well. I just want a mini-table, but I get a big one consisting of all the slices…
MP
Michael_P._McHugh
Feb 14, 2004
therese,

This is exactly the problem I’m having as well.

The only work-around I’ve found is to define the slices in question as a Table (a new CS option), then just copy that nested table out of the resulting file.

It’s not pretty, but it works for now.

-mpm
TK
therese_k_nielsen
Feb 14, 2004
Thanks Mike. Can you please give me the steps I need to follow to "define slices as a table".

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections