L
Posted By
lgreen2001
Jul 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Have noticed in going to look at Challenge #23 (way behind this week) that I cannot see any of the animations……….the pictures show up as regular pictures, but nothing moves…….also noticed this on another web site picture……

Anybody have any ideas as to why this has happened? I have checked my Internet Options and have made certain that the Play Animations in Web Sites button is checked…….

Upgraded to Zone Alarm Plus last week……could this be the problem? If so, any ideas as t how t resolve the issue?

Thanks,
Lynn

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

I
imacgirl
Jul 20, 2003
Lynn,

Here’s <http://www.pbase.com/imacbarb/barbs_animation_gallery> a few more of my animations if you feel like checking them out.

Barb
GD
Grant Dixon
Jul 20, 2003
Lynn

If you are trying to look at a large image on PBase Zone Alarm sees them as banners and under certain conditions will block them (although the smaller images are available). To correct this go into the Private >Main > Custom and unclick Banner/Skyscraper Ads and it will work.

Grant
R
Ray
Jul 20, 2003
Grant,

The annimation I made is here : http://www.pbase.com/image/19033827

Let me know if you see it or not. Thanks!

Ray
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 20, 2003
Ray, I’m not Grant….but I see the animation. Works fine!

Chuck
R
Ray
Jul 20, 2003
Chuck, I’m Ray… 🙂

Thanks!
GD
Grant Dixon
Jul 20, 2003
Ray

Works well here and a very beautiful photo to boot.

Grant
GD
Grant Dixon
Jul 20, 2003
Chuck

Some days I am not sure that I am Grant

G.
DH
Dave Hamer
Jul 20, 2003
Beth

I read the article on my net news feed. It is the largest number of applicants from the US wanting to move to Canada since the Vietnam War era. It seems some are becoming disenchanted.

Dave
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 20, 2003
Dave, maybe it’s time to buy some stock in companies that sell cold-weather clothing…?

🙂

Chuck (owner of many down-filled and Polartec garments….in spite of where I live)
DH
Dave Hamer
Jul 20, 2003
Chuck

Canada is a country of warm friendly people. No cold weather clothing is needed. In fact in some places, clothing is actually optional <G>.

Dave
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 20, 2003
Dave, re warm friendly people, very well said – some of the nicest have blessed us with their participation on this forum!

Chuck
L
lgreen2001
Jul 20, 2003
Grant,

I followed your second set of instructions and I still cannot view either Ray’s (which was the first one to give me problems) or Barb’s animations…….the pictures are there, but they don’t move……..Maybe they are just like I am today……sluggish from the heat?

Thanks for your help…..if anyone else has any ideas I am open to suggestions…..

Thanks,
Lynn
I
imacgirl
Jul 20, 2003
Lynn,

In order for my animations <http://www.pbase.com/imacbarb/barbs_animation_gallery> to move at PBase they must be viewed at the ‘Original’ size only. They won’t move at any other size.

I know what you mean about "sluggish from the heat", it’s only in the low 100’s in Dallas today…unfortunately this is normal for July. Never do get used to it…!

🙂

Barb
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 20, 2003
Lynn, it’s been in the 80’s here lately…..at midnight….!

Chuck (another barbecued Texan)
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 21, 2003
I’d really be appreciative if you Southerners would take this stuff back! These high 80s and 90s are killin’ me! It was 68 degrees outside this morning at 5 a.m., so opening the doors and windows didn’t bring down the inside temperature to anything I consider acceptable. White Horse is sounding more and more tempting. What do you suppose hubby would do if he came back from Florida and found me gone?! (Besides cheer.)
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 21, 2003
Right. But you’ve got air conditioning!
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 21, 2003
Yep – and the electric bill to prove it…
🙁
R
Ray
Jul 21, 2003
Beth and Dave, thanks 🙂

This is actually a sunset taken from the Metropolitain autoroute (it’s above the ground… ??) while my friend was driving. It was the first time I shot a sunset because with the digital cam it’s so easy!

Ray
I
imacgirl
Jul 21, 2003
Lynn,

Thanks, I’m happy you enjoyed them. Glad you figured out what the problem was; troubleshooting some of this computer stuff can send you in all directions.

You should try animating, it’s great fun! There is a tutorial in the Elements Help Menu which got me started…do a search under ‘Animation’.

I’ve been painting too, so I know what you’re talking about with the paint drying almost instantly. Had to start at the crack of dawn, before the temps soar here. Had some siding boards replaced on the house and the painting couldn’t wait ’til September. Wish Elements could apply some paint layers on the house over here! Something new for Adobe to develop…

🙂

Barb
L
lgreen2001
Jul 21, 2003
Not sure I really consider this a solution……paid good money for the program and to have to turn it off (and leabe myself vulnerable)to view animations is not cool!!!!!!!

I will give animation a try after I get through with my two Eclectic Academy classes in PSE2……..learning lots and having a great time doing it……..can’t beat that…..

Have fun with your painting……..I just have a bit left to do but will wait a day or two……taking the day off and going to see my sister and her family in Port Angeles…….about an hour and a half drive…..but it should be cooler there…..

Later,
Lynn
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 21, 2003
Where do you live, Lynn? I can get to Port Angeles in about an hour and a half, too.
DH
Dave Hamer
Jul 22, 2003
Beth Haney wrote:

Where do you live, Lynn? I can get to Port Angeles in about an hour and a half, too.
and I am just a short ferry ride away from Port Angeles. Sometimes my cell phone switches over to the Port Angeles site when it can’t pick up a local cell site.

Dave
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 22, 2003
But she ain’t telling us, Dave! Silly Lynn. She probably thought everybody was finished with this thread. 🙂
L
lgreen2001
Jul 22, 2003
Not ignoring you guys…….I was just gone to PA………..

I live in Silverdale………

Dave, you must be in Victoria……..such a beautiful city…..used to go every summer with my best friend when we were in high school….we saved all year, rode the first ferry over and the last ferry back (it overnighted in PA at that time) and spent all day at Beacon Hill Park, Crystal Gardens & exploring all the wonderful shops. This was before Madame Toussaud’s, and the miniature world place and the aquaruim thing. Was such an adventure for two teen age girls…….and it was perfectly safe at that time……tells you how long ago that was…..

Beth, where are you? Must be close to me or are you in the opposite direction, out in the west end? Lived at Mora Ranger station for about two years………..loved it out there too….

Sure wish we’d get some rain around here……the Hoh rain forest is looking dry the past few years…..

Later……
Lynn
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 22, 2003
Hmmm. I must drive faster than you do! 🙂 I’m down in Lakewood, and Dave is out in the wilds of Vancouver Island, if I remember right. (Not far out of Victoria, though, are you Dave?)

OK, so now that I think about it, it probably takes me closer to two and a half hours. I lose track, because I rarely make it past The Three Crabs out near the Dungeness Spit!
L
lgreen2001
Jul 22, 2003
Beth,

Guess that makes practically neighbors, given the global scope of the forum……

Have not been to the Three Crabs for about 3 years I guess…….it was not up to its past standards so we have not gone back……it used to be wonderful…..best Crab Louie in the country….

Is there still a great Stained Glass shop there in Lakewood called the Mandarin Gallery? There was in the mid 80s or so………have forgotten exactly where it was but I think near Lakewood……was also into stained glass in one of my other lives……long ago and far away as they say……

So on one of your trips through let me know…..maybe we can go have lunch or a cup of coffee or something….

Cheers,
Lynn
DH
Dave Hamer
Jul 22, 2003
Beth

That’s correct, you have a good memory. Most of the time though, it is just easier to say I am from Victoria. A little more recognizable than Sooke.

Let’s see, where could we meet for coffee, Annacortes?

dave
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 22, 2003
Yes, Lynn, the Mandarin Gallery is still there, although I had to check the phone book. A couple of businesses that had been in that area for a long time closed down, and I couldn’t remember which ones. Isn’t it strange how you drive past something like that for years and no longer "see" it? I’m on that road a lot but, when challenged, wasn’t sure if it was still there or not.

I have noticed some inconsistency in the food at The Three Crabs. The last time we were there – in May – it was wonderful. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten anything besides the open face crab sandwich, though. OK, so I’m in a rut! 🙂

A mini Elements get together sounds great! Are you gonna come down and join us, Dave?
DH
Dave Hamer
Jul 22, 2003
Beth

A mini Elements get together sounds great! Are you gonna come down and join us, Dave?
As long as I have about 1 weeks notice of the time and date, I should be able to make it anywhere between here and Seattle.

Dave
L
lgreen2001
Jul 22, 2003
Sounds good to me………wonder if there is anyone else on the Forum who is near enough to join us?

May have to wait a while though…….had some car trouble yesterday on my way to PA, had it checked out and things looked OK, drove home, parked the car, and when my husband went out to go grocery shopping this AM it would not go into reverse……and forward made a grinding noise and we can;t go over the woodpile anyway…..now we have to figure out what is wrong and how to get it fixed, etc……afraid it is the transmission…

Later,
Lynn
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 27, 2003
Lynn, e-mail me at
P
Phosphor
Jul 30, 2003
Barbara,

I’m not Grant, but may I offer an answer?

Zone Alarm is a firewall program that you run on your computer to protect your system from intrusion.

You can read about it and download it at www.zonealarm.com.

Byron

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections