AC
Posted By
ali_cole
Feb 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a user that is running Mac OS 10.3.2 and Photoshop 7.0.1 and CS on the same machine. The machine originally had CS installed. The user asked me to install 7.0.1 until she felt comfortable with CS. Now, occationally her .psd file association goes back to CS, even though I have set all .psds to open in 7.0.1, buy using "Get Info" on a .psd, choosing Photoshop 7.0.1 (instead of CS), then clicking Change All.

I’ve had to re-set the file association 3 times now. Has anyone heard of this?

P.S. User is local admin on machine.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Feb 18, 2004
Best thing is to make sure ps 7 is running first then double click the photo.

I have PS 4 thru CS on the same machine.
R
Ram
Feb 19, 2004
I have PS 4 thru CS on the same machine.

Buko, your machine sounds like my garage.
B
Buko
Feb 19, 2004
Hey I got all this disk space I might as well use it.
LP
Louise_Parrish
Feb 19, 2004
Ramon

"Buko, your machine sounds like my garage"

Would love to see it..

Louise Parrish.
R
Ram
Feb 19, 2004
Louise,

Well, if you took the tour of my garage, you’d see a variety of old Macs no longer in use, from the MacPlus through the Color Classic and the IIcx to a Power Mac 6100, an archaic Thunderscan (you put it inside the ImageWriter in place of the print head to scan), a working RCA oscilloscope from right before WW II, four retired saddles, five trunks full of tack, and a gazillion other items. No cars in there, though.
G
graffiti
Feb 19, 2004
No cars in there, though.

Where would you put them?
R
Ram
Feb 19, 2004
Where would you put them?

That’s the point, Graffitti, especially since one third of the garage has been converted into a dog house to house my Great Danes (no longer alive by now, alas).

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections