GH
Posted By
George H Thomas
Jul 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I select to print a photo, whether a JPEG with EXIF data or a TIFF without EXIF and whether I select full color management or no color management, all of my blues turn out as shades of magenta. I have a EPSON 2200 and have loaded the ICC profiles for the EPSON premium glossy paper I am using.

When I first printed the TIFF files, the prints came out ok, but now that I have installed ICC profiles I cant get a good print.

I uninstalled the ICC profile s/w and in print preview mode the pcitures looks great, but still when I print it everything is magenta.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BB
brent bertram
Jul 31, 2003
George,
You don’t say that you’re using Print Preview to setup your print job. Are you setting the Epson driver to "no color adjustment" and using the ICC profile as the Output Space Profile? Ian Lyons may be able to help with his tutorial on the Epson 2100 .
<http://www.computer-darkroom.com/epson2100/2100_1.htm>

🙂

Brent
BP
Basil Pap
Aug 12, 2003
Well, it happens to me too all of a sudden. I remembered having seen this thread, so I continue on it: Light blue comes out magenta. The only thing that may relate is the fact that I played with Silverfast 6 and Epson scanner software before the change was noticed. But I repeated the calibration and settings as before. Any hint will be appreciated. Do we know if George’s problem was resolved?
Basil
BB
brent bertram
Aug 12, 2003
Basil,
You might check your print nozzles. Lt Blue turning to magenta could be a clogged or partially clogged Cyan nozzle. You should be so lucky ! <G>

🙂

Brent
BP
Basil Pap
Aug 13, 2003
Thank you Brent, you saved my day, or week!!! The cartridge was 3/4 spent, so I just replaced it. Basil
BB
brent bertram
Aug 13, 2003
Hot Dog ! How I do like an accurate guess ! <G>

🙂

Brent

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections