FM
Posted By
fred m liebel
Aug 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I double click to open a file saved as a photo (JPG only, tif, gif, etc all seem to work ok) Adobe Photoshop Elements window opens but the photo does not appear. I then have to go to the open command and search for the file to open it. It seems like a little thing but it really is bugging me to have to take the extra steps. Anyone know what setting I messed up to get to this point? Using Windows 2000 on a Dell PC.note format is checked in the preferences – file association manager.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth Haney
Aug 1, 2003
I’m just bringing this one up to the top again – hoping somebody can help out Fred! (Obviously I can’t!)
PL
Paul L UK
Aug 1, 2003
Quick one, when looking at the full dos filename, is it .jpg or .jpeg ? (You can see it by looking in folder options and display filename of known file types)
I had a similar problem, and had to rename (still have to) all .jpeg’s to .jpg on a win2000 system (ignore the warning, or back-up first)

Paul

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections