Posted By
Tony_Caciola
Mar 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi guys,
I have a concern here. Im not a guru with macs thats for sure, but Im having a problem. I use Photoshop 5.5 at work and for some reason I cannot open my .psd files. The computer just locks up on me everytime i goto open them. It will open every other file but not the .psd files. Now ive even gone and re-installed photoshop and to no avail, the same thing happens. I even went as far as putting PS 3.0 and 4.0 and they open the document fine, but alas i cannot use the older versions cause i have some filters or effects that can only be used in 5.5 or higher. Work has just purchased a new G4 for me and there not liking this at all. It has the dual boot with 9.2 and OSX but were told to use 9.2 because everyone here still needs to upgrade. but anyways, any ideas why PS5.5 would be locking up my comp when i open .psd files? Im stumped, ive even gone as far as reinstalling the 9.2 system files and nothing. My next option is just to do a complete clean install, but if it a simple fix I would much rather do that cause down time is a bad thing here, were to busy for this. Please help if you can ..any suggestion, choices, or opinions are greatly appriecated- thx. – Tony

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Mar 4, 2004
My stock answer for when things get weird in Photoshop–trash prefs.
TC
Tony_Caciola
Mar 4, 2004
Nope, didnt work. I tashed the PS 5.5 prefs and it still locked up when i opened a .psd document. thanks for trying to help. Any other ideas?
GB
g_ballard
Mar 4, 2004
Try this (I assume you are booting into 9?):

<http://www.gballard.net/psd/nolaunch.html>
GP
Graham_Phillips
Mar 4, 2004
Does this link help?

Mark Hiers "MP Mac Crashes or Locks When Using Various Tools or Filters" 11/29/02 11:19am </cgi-bin/webx?50>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections