GS
Posted By
Graham_Scales
Mar 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In a previous position, I used an applescript to convert ICC profiles into a format that Photoshop could "see" if it couldn’t do so when first loaded.

Since then, I have moved on and didn’t take all my resources with me so consequently don’t have this script anymore.

Apologies if it is the wrong place to ask, but does anybody know of this script and also, where and if it is available to download anywhere.

thanks in advance
G

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Carl_Stawicki
Mar 5, 2004
Do you mean the profile renaming script that made the profile’s internal and external names the same? There’s a nice collection of ColorSync AppleScripts found in your HD/Libarary/Scripts/ColorSync folder (OSX 10.2.8). Maybe what you need is in there.

Carl.
GS
Graham_Scales
Mar 5, 2004
Thanks for getting back so quick Carl.

This script was called something like…
make photoshop compatible

cheers
G
J
JasonSmith
Mar 5, 2004
ICC profiles should already be compatible.
CS
Carl_Stawicki
Mar 5, 2004
Uh, I meant OSX10.2.eight, not OSX 10.2.8).

Anyways, I’ve never heard of that script, sorry.

Carl.
GS
Graham_Scales
Mar 5, 2004
Way back in the day, that was my understanding as well Jason, but working in different places and such, I’ve found that some profiles do not get recognized by Photoshop!

Could it be just older versions of Photoshop?

Does anybody else recall coming across this happening?

As I mentioned, there is an applescript floating around to remedy this, after dragging the profile onto it and it then converts it, and photoshop happily sees it.
J
JasonSmith
Mar 5, 2004
there are profiles out there that dont 100% adhere to ICC specs. Where in particular are these profiles from?

What does(did) the apple script convert from? ICM>ICC?

there’s also the Photoshop Scripting forums.
GS
Graham_Scales
Mar 5, 2004
Jason,

The profiles are ones supplied by printers off their websites etc. I haven’t got one that’s a problem at the moment, I’m just trying to pre empt the situation.

As for the conversion from icm to icc, I’m not sure as I never needed to check the .suffix.

Ta
G
R
Ram
Mar 5, 2004
I have a little utility called "Drop•ColorSyncProfile" for Mac OS 9.x that one could download from Monaco Color Systems for free. I don’t think it’s needed for Photoshop 7, other than for placing the familiar profile icon on the file.
AR
Andrew_Rodney
Mar 5, 2004
Under OSX, all you should have to do is add the .icc extension and even profile built on a PC will show up thereafter.

As for renaming, double click and use the ColorSync utility to edit the internal name, then save.
R
Ram
Mar 5, 2004
Even in Mac OS 9.2.2 ICC profiles work fine without conversion, albeit while retaining the generic icon.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections