PX
Posted By
Paul X Robinson
Aug 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve just tried to create a web photo gallery and added a Copyright Notice as an option. I then created another gallery without the Notice but Elements 2 is still adding it to all the images in the gallery. Does anyone know where the program is storing this option. Thanks, Paul in UK

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups ๐Ÿ”ฅ

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
JuergenDirrigl
Aug 13, 2003
ok, maybe this shows, leaving out the brackets:

3:
br CENTER FONT size=%CAPTIONFONTSIZE% face=%CAPTIONFONT% %COPYRIGHT% /FONT /CENTER

J
PX
Paul X Robinson
Aug 13, 2003
Juergen, I’ve had a look in the style I used (vacation) and there is no sign of COPYRIGHT in the subpage.htm file.
I tried creating another gallery in Theatre style and the copyright banner is being added to all the images again.It must be picking it up from a common file to all the styles.
J
JuergenDirrigl
Aug 13, 2003
Paul,

I’ve used two styles so far (Simple, Vertical Frame) and they both have the Copyright line… sorry.
Have you tried to edit the userselections.txt file? I have it in my destination folder, w/o the copyright entry.
Maybe you should also try resetting the prefs.

Juergen
PX
Paul X Robinson
Aug 13, 2003
Juergen, I’ve just de-installed the program, rebooted my machine and then re-installed Elements 2. I’ve created a web gallery with no options selected and it’s still putting the copyright banner across the images. This is strange!
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 13, 2003
Paul, when you did the uninstall, did you do a separate search for the Element Preference folder and delete it? Strange as it seems, that doesn’t come off with the rest of the application.

If you haven’t deleted the Preferences yet, try that. You can do it either by locating it on your C drive and dragging it to the Trash or through this keyboard method: With Elements closed, click on the start up icon and then make a quick grab for the Control, Alt, and Shift keys. (or hold them down as you launch, if you’ve got enough fingers!) Hold all three down until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes.
PX
Paul X Robinson
Aug 13, 2003
Beth, I managed to get my fingers around the keys and deleted my web preferences,but I’m still having the same issue. Do I need to de-install again? Could the problem be that I’ve still got version 1 installed as well. Boy, am I sorry I tried the copyright option.
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 13, 2003
Hmmm. So you’ve got both versions of Elements installed? That shouldn’t be a problem, because I run both on my other computer, but I suppose it could present a complication if you’re accidentally deleting the wrong Preference folder! However, version one didn’t even have the Web Gallery, so if you deleted the preferences for that, you’d think it would have cleared up the problem in the correct application.

Yeh, how come you had to go and mess with that copyright thing?! Now that you’ve done this "experimenting" I’m sure not gonna try it! ๐Ÿ™‚

I haven’t been following this post very carefully, but did you ever look in the folder for the Web Gallery to see if you could find where that copyright notice is being inserted? I wonder if you could crawl around on those individual pages and delete the thing manually. ???

Or, as a final stab (and then I’m out of ideas), uninstall both versions of Elements, plus do the Find for any straggling folders, and then reinstall just version 2. That seems like the hard way, but maybe that’s all there is left. Good luck!

Note to Juergen: I guess there is a difference between the general preferences for the application and the preferences for the Web Gallery, particularly if you’re on Windows? That doesn’t make much sense, but that thing I quoted came from another post where the guy was having trouble with just Save for Web, and it was Rich Croencas who came up with the "fix." Go figure. I hadn’t ever heard of that before but just happened to remember seeing it a couple of days ago.
J
JuergenDirrigl
Aug 13, 2003
Paul, Beth,

I found this in Help under ‘Copyright information’:

You can view copyright and authorship information that has been added to the file. This information includes standard file information and Digimarcยฎ watermarks. Photoshop Elements automatically scans opened images for Digimarc watermarks. If a watermark is detected, Photoshop Elements displays a copyright symbol in the image window’s title bar and includes the information in the Copyright Status, Copyright Notice, and Owner URL sections of the File Info dialog box.

Paul, look at the file info and remove the Copyright Info there, – if it’s there – and try again. Let us know how it worked.

Juergen
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 13, 2003
Nice sleuthing, Juergen! Let’s hope that’s the answer. ๐Ÿ™‚
J
JuergenDirrigl
Aug 13, 2003
Paul,

One more thing. Did you see that there are boxes for Copyright Notice in two places. You need to uncheck the one under Security.

Juergen

Edit: Set content to ‘None’
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 13, 2003
Well if he does, let’s hope he doesn’t have many images like that! But, when I read his original post, I got the impression he hadn’t added it to each image. By now let’s hope that’s the problem, because I’m plum runnin’ outta ideas! You will not, however, catch me trying to add it in and then get it out again! ๐Ÿ™‚ Yes, I am a coward.
J
JuergenDirrigl
Aug 13, 2003
Beth,

I’m usually not that bold either. But I have PE on my old PC too, where I usually don’t do this kind of work. So, I tried. And, of course, in the process I’m learning. ๐Ÿ™‚

Juergen
PX
Paul X Robinson
Aug 13, 2003
Juergen, your a star ! That’s where it was being pulled from. Cleared the info and created a new web gallery without any copyright information this time.Beth, when I originally created the gallery with the copyright info, I did it on the whole source folder, not per image.Now to get back and try and intergrate the gallery into MS Frontpage,couldn’t get the page navigation to display the gallery as a link,had to just add a hyperlink to it.
Thanks to you both for your help.
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 13, 2003
Wow. Thanks for the learning experience Paul! How does it feel to sacrifice your sanity for the good of the forum? ๐Ÿ™‚
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 13, 2003
Juergen to the rescue ! :รž

I hope i’ll remember all this
J
JuergenDirrigl
Aug 13, 2003
๐Ÿ™‚
PX
Paul X Robinson
Aug 13, 2003
Do you guys monitor any of the other forums or just the Elements one? I’m just getting into using this program and was wondering if all the forum questions get answered this speedily.
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 13, 2003
Paul, it’s generally a pretty responsive place – seems like there are always a few folks around who are willing to help. The tougher questions take a little longer, as there are some folks whom we rely on to help us out in the more technical areas. Very friendly place, too, I might add!

Chuck
J
JuergenDirrigl
Aug 13, 2003
Paul,

I usually don’t. But I have to confirm what Chuck says. Welcome!

Juergen
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 14, 2003
‘ speedily ‘

Paul, i like you already;)

:รž
PX
Paul X Robinson
Aug 14, 2003
Thanks Jodi, I’m glad you like my phase,Paul

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections