J
Posted By
josh
Nov 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I Open Photoshop 7.0 in Windows XP it looks as if it is loading the preferences and loading brushes but then all of a sudden it closes the whole program down? When I searched through some of the threads that asked the same question as mine they said to hit CTR+ALT+SHIFT to reset the prefs. But when i hit CTR+ALT+SHIFT during starup of PS it brings up "Scratch Disk Preferences" with 4 Choices: First, Second, Third, Forth with drop downs that say "Startup", "C:/" or "None".

Any Help would Be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Josh

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

GH
George Hodgins
Nov 10, 2004
Have you tried uninstall then reinstall?
"Josh" wrote in message
When I Open Photoshop 7.0 in Windows XP it looks as if it is loading the preferences and loading brushes but then all of a sudden it closes the whole program down? When I searched through some of the threads that asked the same question as mine they said to hit CTR+ALT+SHIFT to reset the prefs. But when i hit CTR+ALT+SHIFT during starup of PS it brings up "Scratch Disk Preferences" with 4 Choices: First, Second, Third, Forth with drop downs that say "Startup", "C:/" or "None".

Thanks,

Josh
C
C
Nov 11, 2004
Did you try deleting the Preference file? In Ver 6 it rebuilds. I had a hell a problem with XP. If I log on as a different user Photoshop loads fine. Hope this helps.
"Josh" wrote in message

Thanks,

Josh

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections