S
Posted By
salhabash
Aug 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do I take a photography and turn it into a silhouette? I want to make a variation of the Major League Baseball or NBA logo.

I just want the person in the photograph to be made into a white silhouette, and then use the Fill with the Paint Bucket to put Blue on the left side and Red on the right.

See <http://www.mlb.com> for reference of how I want my logo to appear.

Thanks a lot for anyone who can help.
-Salim Habash

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 14, 2003
First thing to do is chose your foreground and background colors ( bottom of tool palette..click on color box to bring up color options for both ) Then use the lasso tool and make a selection around the guy. Toolbar> Edit>fill>chose your foreground or background color. Select inverse>edit>fill> same. On windows use right click for these options.
R
rewarren
Aug 14, 2003
Use one of the selection tools to select the person that corresponds to the batter in the MLB logo. Then create a new layer with the selection still active. Double click on the foreground color chip in the toolbar and select white, then use the paint bucket to fill the selection on the new layer. This should give you the person in white.

Now make another new layer and drag it to be beneath the person layer. De-activate the selection and then use a selction tool to select the part of the background you want to be in one of the colors. Since the person layer will be on top of this layer, you don’t have to be too exact about the dividing lines that will be hidden by the person. Choose a new foreground color and then fill the selected half of the background with the new color. Invert the selection (shift-cntl-i on the PC) and repeat the last two steps to fill the other half of the background with a different color.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections