Posted By
David C Roberts
Aug 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

Just purchased Elements 2.0. Though the software works as I expect, I do receive a couple of error messages while it is loading, which are as follows; ‘ Unable to load Photoshop Element’s interface font. Instead, using a substitute font. The interface may not look optimal. We strongly suggest that you reboot the system and launch Photoshop Elements again’. After pressing ‘OK’, another message appears a little later stating that; ‘The Adobe UI font could not be loaded. For best results, please exit the program and either install it or uninstall other fonts’.

I have tried as suggested; ‘rebooting’ and I have also removed the program and reinstalled it. I did have Corel Draw/Paint on my machine and though that the fonts, which are in conflict, may be associated, so I have also completely removed it, but the problem persists.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NS
Nancy S
Aug 31, 2003
David,

Just a guess, but it sounds as though the native font for PSE, undoubtedly a regular system font, is not present (or inaccessible) on your machine. Might check your fonts folder. Do you have a Type Manager?
DC
David C Roberts
Aug 31, 2003
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

It sounds as if you could be right, not too sure about type manager but happy to be guided.

Dave

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections