L
Posted By
lazyolddog
Aug 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have elements 1.0 I think. When go to help-about elements it does not give a rev #. It has workd well for the last 18 months- I’ve done about 5000 pics using it. In order to make a new game work right, I just unstalled the latest drivers for my ATI Raedon 7200 and went up to direct X 9.0.

Now when I scan pictures 1) sometimes when I hit preview, the pictures are displayed with distorted colors (like negatives or some kind of thermal image)2) sometimes they scan alright and when I go back to elements, the pictures are messed up the same way on the elements work surface, or 3) they are on the work surface just fine, but become distored as I described above when I go to edit the picture (i.e. change brightness). Sometimes if I minimize elements and restore it, the picture will display correctly again. In all canses, the puuctures look grainy on this machine now. When I take the scanned picures to another machine, the as displayed with good clarity.

I’m thinking I need to reinstall Elements or that I do not have enough memory. HELP!!

I have an AMD1800+ with WIN98SE and 256MB DDR400. As I said before, I am using an AIT Raedon 7200 with the latest drivers set at 1152×864/256 colors and Direct X 9.0.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BB
brent bertram
Sep 1, 2003
Hey you lazy dog,
Try going into display setttings > troubleshooting and turning off the video acceleration. See if that helps. If it clears up the problem, you have a video driver problem. It’s all I can think of , at the moment. Let’s hope ! <G>

🙂

Brent

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections