Michael_Galvin
Apr 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OS 9.2.2
PS 7

Will someone please point me in the direction of a tutorial that will inform me as to how I might superimpose type on a human face so that it takes on the natural curves and so forth of the underlying face? I can’t begin to tell you how much this will be appreciated! Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Apr 3, 2004
Whoo…that’s not the easiest thing to do successfully in Photoshop, but it’s possible.

Tell me my good man: How much do you know about using the Displacement filter?

I’m not real good with it, but that’s what you want to use.
T
T._C.
Apr 3, 2004
Here’s is tutorial doing something similar. It’s for a logo on a shirt but I guess you could sub the type on a face for the logo on a shirt. CLICK HERE < http://www.wacom.com/tips/tip.cfm?ID=56&category=Photosh op>
MG
Michael_Galvin
Apr 4, 2004
Whoo…that’s not the easiest thing to do successfully in Photoshop, but it’s possible.

So I gather.

How much do you know about using the Displacement filter?

Not much. Experimentation proves it to be a difficult thing to use. I think it may be more successful with extremely high resolution images. I’d love for it to work better with the thresh hold adjustment. That would eliminate the steps of me having to paint in the whites and the blacks on a gray background as the tutorial in this thread instructs.

Thanks.

………………………………………………….
MG
Michael_Galvin
Apr 4, 2004
Thanks much T.C. The tutorial you linked me to gives me a place to start from. It’s much appreciated.
T
T._C.
Apr 4, 2004
Your welcome! B)

Tracy c.
L
Lundberg02
Apr 5, 2004
I just use a Magic Marker(TM) when i want to write on someone’s face. And two guys to hold ’em down.
I smell feature request for PShop 9.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 5, 2004
This might be done more effectively by mapping the type as a "skin" to a model of a face in a 3D program.
R
Ram
Apr 5, 2004
I like Lundberg’s method better: 😀
P
Phosphor
Apr 5, 2004
Michael…

Work through this brilliant tutorial by a long-lost online pal, MarkZebra. (perhaps he’s visiting forums I dont?). It should shed some light on how the Displace Filter works.

<http://members.aol.com/markzebra/displace/>
MG
Michael_Galvin
Apr 6, 2004
On 4/5/04 1:32 AM, in article ,
"" wrote:

This might be done more effectively by mapping the type as a "skin" to a model of a face in a 3D program.

Sounds deep Ann. I’ve learned, without understanding how, that displacement filters and mapping would be the way to go with this. The only 3d program I have any familiarity with is Dimensions but I’m sure it’s not up to this.

Do you know offhand if it’s possible to build, in the 3d world of software, a model from a face in a grayscale image? I understand the concept behind ‘mapping the type as a skin to the model’ but the only model I want to use is the one that represents my subject in the photo. I understand this is not within Adobe’s purview but recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks much.
MG
Michael_Galvin
Apr 6, 2004
On 4/5/04 3:14 AM, in article ,
"" wrote:

Michael…

Work through this brilliant tutorial by a long-lost online pal, MarkZebra. (perhaps he’s visiting forums I dont?). It should shed some light on how the Displace Filter works.

<http://members.aol.com/markzebra/displace/>

What an interesting tutorial. It certainly helps with understanding the displace filter (but how to bring it all onto the human face?). Thank you Phosphor. This is much appreciated.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections