CP
Posted By
courtney_p
Apr 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I wanted to know if it would be possible to make a text box a specific shape, instead of just the box. I want to write something in the outline of a head, but I am unsure of how to do this, except by messing with the spacing and what not by hand. If any one knows, I would greatly appreciate the help! Thanks!

P.S.
I’m using Photoshop 7.0

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Apr 23, 2005
I wanted to know if it would be possible to make a text box a specific shape, instead of just the box

not until version cs introduced text on a path. not possible in 7.
B
BobLevine
Apr 23, 2005
I think what’s being asked it for an irregularly shaped frame for text. And the answer is no, PS can’t do that.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 23, 2005
I know, but the feature is part of text on a path. ‘cept in this case it’s more like text IN a path. still not in v7. introduced in CS.
B
BobLevine
Apr 23, 2005
Nope. It’s not text on a path. Think of text frames in a page layout app. They can be shaped any way you want. The text won’t go along the path, but will fill the frame in a normal manner.

Bob
ML
Mike_Logan
Apr 23, 2005
I still export and import Paths to and from Illustrator. Does the CS version eliminate the need for this then ?
B
BobLevine
Apr 23, 2005
To do what?

Bob
SB
Scott_Byer
Apr 25, 2005
So, yes, Photoshop CS does text-in-a-path. Note that it is constrained to *one* path, however. Photoshop CS and CS2 do not handle creating text in multiple frames. You’ll need InDesign or Illustrator for that.

-Scott

wrote:
I know, but the feature is part of text on a path. ‘cept in this case it’s more like text IN a path. still not in v7. introduced in CS.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections