Portek
Mar 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, i’m trying to have this effect:
http://phpgogh.altervista.org/test.psd

but i don’t know how to have it. I tryied many effect with psd but it was useless. Can you tell me step by step how do i get it?
Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

K
KatWoman
Mar 10, 2008
"Portek" wrote in message

but i don’t know how to have it. I tryied many effect with psd but it was useless. Can you tell me step by step how do i get it?
Thanks
try posting in an internet format like jpg

not going to download and open strange files
S
samandjanet
Mar 10, 2008
KatWoman wrote:
"Portek" wrote in message

but i don’t know how to have it. I tryied many effect with psd but it was useless. Can you tell me step by step how do i get it? Thanks
try posting in an internet format like jpg

It’s a PSD file.
That’s a photoshop document. Not so strange for a photoshop newsgroup.

To the OP, there are dozens of different ways you could do this. Personally, the method I would use is as follows…

Set up a new layer in your image.
Now using the rectanguelar marquee tool, draw a rectangular selection. Next click Select > Modify > Smooth, and enter a number that corrsponds to the number of pixels you want your radius to be. Click on Okay. Now your selection will have radiused corners. Use the paint-bucket to flood it with whatever colour you want your line to be.
Next click Select > Modify > Contract, and enter a number that corrsponds to the number of pixels width you want your line to be. Click on Okay. Now hit the delete key on your keyboard.
Lastly, click Select > Deselect.

That will replicate the effect you have shown us, but this is only one of a dozen or so different ways of doing the same job.
You’ll get loads of other answers suggesting different methods. Each one as valid as the last one. The trick is to try them all and find the one that you find easiest.

Good luck.
P
Portek
Mar 11, 2008
"(not quite so) Fat Sam" ha scritto

Now using the rectanguelar marquee tool, draw a rectangular selection. Next click Select > Modify > Smooth, and enter a number that corrsponds to the number of pixels you want your radius to be. Click on Okay. Now your selection will have radiused corners. Use the paint-bucket to flood it with whatever colour you want your line to be.
Next click Select > Modify > Contract, and enter a number that corrsponds to the number of pixels width you want your line to be. Click on Okay. Now hit the delete key on your keyboard.

That will replicate the effect you have shown us, but this is only one of a dozen or so different ways of doing the same job.
You’ll get loads of other answers suggesting different methods. Each one as valid as the last one. The trick is to try them all and find the one that you find easiest.

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer. I have read with attention and i have done all you have described, and the result is a little different from my example. Infact in my example the two lines, one black and one white, in the *curvature* mix themeselves and exit inverted. Infact i think this is an effect like a object impressed by light. The final impression of this effect is that the lines seem to be a track impressed on the background.

regards Portek
P
Portek
Mar 11, 2008
"KatWoman" ha scritto

This is the file in jpg format:
http://tinyurl.com/3av8x3

Please, read the answer to Fat Sam. Thanks

regards Portek
S
samandjanet
Mar 11, 2008
Portek wrote:
"(not quite so) Fat Sam" ha
scritto
Now using the rectanguelar marquee tool, draw a rectangular selection. Next click Select > Modify > Smooth, and enter a number that corrsponds to the number of pixels you want your radius to be. Click on Okay. Now your selection will have radiused corners. Use the paint-bucket
to flood it with whatever colour you want your line to be. Next click Select > Modify > Contract, and enter a number that corrsponds to the number of pixels width you want your line to be. Click on Okay. Now hit the delete key on your keyboard.

That will replicate the effect you have shown us, but this is only one of a dozen or so different ways of doing the same job. You’ll get loads of other answers suggesting different methods. Each one as valid as the last one. The trick is to try them all and find the one that you find easiest.

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer. I have read with attention and i have done all you have described, and the result is a little different from my example. Infact in my example the two lines, one black and one white, in the *curvature* mix themeselves and exit inverted. Infact i think this is an effect like a object impressed by light. The final impression of this effect is that the lines seem to be a track impressed on the background.

Aaaah. I didn’t notice first time round that there was a white line too. I thought you were asking how to radius the corners on a square shape. Adding the white line to it is a trivial task.
Just copy the entire layer with your shape on it to a new layer. Now click Image > Adjust > Invert
You should now see two versions of the same shape. One in black, and one in white.
Just move the white one so it’s offset from the black one by onepixel horisontally and one vertically.

Of course, you might not want the second shape to be white…That’s no problem…We can make it any colour we want to…
Ensure that your new offset layer is selected, then click on Image >Adjust > Replace Colour.
Now select the colour that outline currently is and in the bottom part of the window, select the colour you want it to change to… Couldn’t be simpler…

Or…..There’s yet another possible way to do it….

With the original layer you made with your shape on it selected, click on Layers > Layer Style > Drop Shadow.
Now use the following settings….
Blend mode = normal.
Set the colour to white or whatever you need.
Opacity to 100%
Angle to 135 degrees or whatever you need
distance = 1
spread = 0
size = 1
contour set to the convex grey quadrant shape.
anti alias = unticked
noise = 0

Click okay, and you ha’re done.
T
Tacit
Mar 15, 2008
In article <fr4c7r$ktr$>,
"\(not quite so\) Fat Sam" wrote:

Now using the rectanguelar marquee tool, draw a rectangular selection. Next click Select > Modify > Smooth, and enter a number that corrsponds to the number of pixels you want your radius to be. Click on Okay. Now your selection will have radiused corners.

Good so far…

Use the paint-bucket to flood
it with whatever colour you want your line to be.

This is one of the more common errors made by newcomers to Photoshop.

The Paint Bucket tool is not a fill tool. Photoshop has no fill tool. The Paint Bucket is a combination fill and magic wand tool; it looks at the color of the pixel you click on and then spreads out i all directions until it finds a pixel of another color.

Newbies often mistakenly think that it is a fill tool, because other graphics programs have a fill tool that looks like a paint bucket. And it works if you click on a blank layer. But if you click on a layer that isn’t empty, folks get confused to discover that it doesn’t do what they expect.

In Photoshop, it is very easy to fill a selection with color. You do not need any tools to do it. You just hold down the Option (PC: ALT) key on the keyboard and press the Delete or Backspace key. No tool needed, and very fast.

If the goal is to make an outline, this is a clumsy and complicated way to do it. Instead, you simply have to make a selection, click the Edit menu, and choose the Stroke command. You can make a stroke as wide as you like; no need to fill the selection, then modify the selection, then clear the selection.

Photography, kink, polyamory, shareware, and more: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
T
Tacit
Mar 15, 2008
In article <47d5dbc3$0$37196$>,
"Portek" wrote:

You can do this with the Layer Effects command. It’s a one-pixel bevel effect.

Photography, kink, polyamory, shareware, and more: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections