JW
Posted By
Jack_Warren
Apr 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have saved my scanned image with "Transparent Whites" option selected to let the page color show through, but now I need the image outline in white. This will then be place in an ID2 doc. Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RW
Rene_Walling
Apr 10, 2004
So why not resave with the transparent white turned off?

Remember that "white" is really just the colour of your paper. If you have coloured paper, you won’t have white unless your printer has white ink (which is highly unlikely).
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 10, 2004
Or… do you want black line art to be white against a color background? If so, you have two options. One is to leave it black and apply the color in ID (has to be in Bitmap mode I believe). The other is to color it white in Photoshop. An easy way to do this (assuming a transparent background) is to lock transparency, choose white as foreground color and fill by Option-Delete.
JW
Jack_Warren
Apr 12, 2004
Thanks for the suggestion, Rene; unfortunately, re-saving with the "transparent whites" box unchecked brought back the white background.
Jack

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections