LG
Posted By
Lorace Graham
Sep 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I’m putting this on just in case someone else has this problem, or maybe someone can tell me why it happened.

I decided last nite to try the "Working with levels" tutorial once again. When I went to OPEN the file in my PS 2 folder, Tutorials, the inside folder was absolutely empty. No "start.html" – no "hats.html" – nothing, zilch! I tried several times with the same non-result.

I almost panicked. Came online to see if I could find anything about re-installing the tutorials, but found nothing on it.

Then, I went to Windows Explore, found the tutorial folder and everything was there on my HD, just as I remembered it.

The next time I opened Elements, everything was fine with the OPEN command and I worked the Tutorial, once again.

Strange? It could drive a batty person even battier.

Thanks for listening.

Lorace

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RC
Richard Coencas
Sep 17, 2003
Lorace,

When you do File>Open, the dialog has a box called Files of Type. If this is not set to All Formats, it could be parsing the view so you don’t see the files you are looking for. That might be a possible explanation for what you experienced.

Rich
LG
Lorace Graham
Sep 18, 2003
Rich, of course! I don’t know why on earth I didn’t think of that. Oh, my gosh, guess I was figuring that the program would love to shine their own files at me!

I don’t know how many times I’ve told my husband the same thing, but missed it myself. Thanks for reminding me how very human I am. LOL.

I was so excited because I had a couple of breakthroughs in using Elements last nite that I lost my head completely. Or else could it be that learning this program makes you — addlebrained?

Thanks a million.

Lorace
RC
Richard Coencas
Sep 18, 2003
Lorace,

Glad to help. You’d be surprised how often even old pros make simple mistakes.

Rich

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections