BP
Posted By
Burdette Page
Sep 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
just got a new computer HP 746 with Windows 6.0 XP I have not been able to view any animated gifs in the browser or open them up in photoshop. Is there a setting I need to change? Never had this problem before and can’t find anything useful about it on the net.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Sep 19, 2003
Burdette,

In Internet Explorer, check under Tools / Advanced / Multimedia. The fifth choice should be something like "activate animations" (I have the French version on my computer, so I can only guess how they call this option in English).

Ray
B
bethC
Sep 19, 2003
Burdette
I’m using Windows XP. I have the multimedia setting checked off “play animations in web pages” but I think that just allows animations on a web page to play. I know in Windows 2000 – you would associate a file such as .gif with a program. So I always had Internet Explorer open the gif files and let Adobe PhotoShop open the .jpeg files. With Windows XP if you click on the file (to highlight it) and right click with your mouse and go to “open with” you should see a menu of the available programs that could open a gif file. For example, one of the choices is Internet Explorer. I can also open the .gif file in Adobe Image Ready or Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. While exploring the gif files, which, you may be looking at in a file folder you, created – look to the left and you might see a column ‘Picture Tasks’. . . this would allow you the option of opening the .gif file in “view as a slideshow”.
Maybe you can associate a file with XP but this works okay for me.

beth

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections