Imageready – transparency background problem when using no-image slices with HTML text

MW
Posted By
mica_wellwyrd
Apr 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I am using imageready to build our website and am trying to overlay some HTML text onto an image. The image is contained within a slice and then this is overlayed with another, slightly smaller slice which is set to ‘no-image’ with html based text in it. the background of the html slice is set to ‘none’, and I would assume that this would mean just that, and the underlying image based slice would show through. When previewed in explorer, all I can see is the edges of the underlying image around the edge of the html slice, and within the html, the text appears with a white background. I have checked the order of the slices and even tried to put the image on the background, which seemed a little extreme, and did not work anyway

I am confused. I have searched through the forums archive and someone had a similar problem but it did not really answer my question as the suggestion was to save the slice as a gif with a transparent background, but I want this to be html text, not an image to keep the already pushing it filesize down.

argg sometimes computers are such a mare!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections