JB
Posted By
just bob
May 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What I would really love is a way to edit the XMP files outside of Photoshop. ie, the ones in this folder

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Adobe\XMP

For event shooting I might make 100 templates in advance and I’ll assign one to each photo as I review my keepers for a day of shooting. But since there are only three fields which change for each of the 100 templates an XMP editor would be very sweet, and easily worth $50 or more to me.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JB
just bob
May 14, 2008
Corrected path:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Adobe\XMP\Metadata Templates

"just bob" wrote in message
What I would really love is a way to edit the XMP files outside of Photoshop. ie, the ones in this folder

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Adobe\XMP
For event shooting I might make 100 templates in advance and I’ll assign one to each photo as I review my keepers for a day of shooting. But since there are only three fields which change for each of the 100 templates an XMP editor would be very sweet, and easily worth $50 or more to me.
JB
just bob
May 14, 2008
You know I thought XMP was just text but when I open it with notepad it looks like binary garbage….

BUT…

If you open it with an HTML editor it is all there.

So now I am using an HTML editor to edit my metadata templates for CS3, and I just do a Find/Replace for the text I want to change. It is far from elegant but usable.

I hope this helps someone else, too, or someone please show me an even better way.

Thanks!
-Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections