PF
Posted By
Paul Furman
Jul 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
All my actions do nothing in CS1, both the default and custom actions. Highlight an action, press the play button & absolutely nothing happens. I tried googling & found nothing. I’m on a new vista box with plenty of ram, not much space on the C drive left though (17GB). Any thoughts? I did reboot.

Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net
www.baynatives.com

all google groups messages filtered due to spam

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PF
Paul Furman
Jul 27, 2008
Paul Furman wrote:
All my actions do nothing in CS1, both the default and custom actions. Highlight an action, press the play button & absolutely nothing happens. I tried googling & found nothing. I’m on a new vista box with plenty of ram, not much space on the C drive left though (17GB). Any thoughts? I did reboot.

So as a test, I recorded a new action and that one works fine. In the menu, ‘Save Actions’ is grayed out, then I try reloading from my past ..atn file & it says: ‘Could not load the actions because the file is not compatible with this version of photoshop (CS1 which I used to create the file).

I’m hesitant to Clear All, Reset or Replace as there are a couple recent additions I don’t think I’ve saved. I am able to load other atn files.

So… I copied an old backup with new name and it works but is missing a couple years of work 🙁 not that hard to redo but annoying.

I would still like to recover the file. And I still can’t save new actions.

Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net
www.baynatives.com

K
KatWoman
Jul 28, 2008
"Paul Furman" wrote in message
Paul Furman wrote:

So as a test, I recorded a new action and that one works fine. In the menu, ‘Save Actions’ is grayed out, then I try reloading from my past .atn file & it says: ‘Could not load the actions because the file is not compatible with this version of photoshop (CS1 which I used to create the file).

I’m hesitant to Clear All, Reset or Replace as there are a couple recent additions I don’t think I’ve saved. I am able to load other atn files.
So… I copied an old backup with new name and it works but is missing a couple years of work 🙁 not that hard to redo but annoying.

so many times the problem is a corrupted PRESETS folder
copy it to a safe spot and delete it
when you restart PS it will make a new one in default settings close ps
then try and copy those old actions into the new action folder re-open PS see if it worked
N
nomail
Jul 29, 2008
Paul Furman wrote:

Just to make sure you are not trying something that cannot be done: Remember that you cannot save individual actions. You can only save action SETS.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com
PF
Paul Furman
Jul 31, 2008
Johan W. Elzenga wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:

Just to make sure you are not trying something that cannot be done: Remember that you cannot save individual actions. You can only save action SETS.

Ah, thanks!
-solved that part

Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net
www.baynatives.com

PF
Paul Furman
Jul 31, 2008
KatWoman wrote:
"Paul Furman" wrote in message
Paul Furman wrote:
So as a test, I recorded a new action and that one works fine. In the menu, ‘Save Actions’ is grayed out, then I try reloading from my past .atn file & it says: ‘Could not load the actions because the file is not compatible with this version of photoshop (CS1 which I used to create the file).

so many times the problem is a corrupted PRESETS folder
copy it to a safe spot and delete it
when you restart PS it will make a new one in default settings close ps
then try and copy those old actions into the new action folder re-open PS see if it worked

Thanks Kat!

Oddly I tried removing the whole presets folder and it had zero effect. I suspect the ‘real’ data is in some hidden Vista folder somewhere. This is the one I saw:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS\Presets
there is still this file in the folder above:
Default Tool Presets.tpl

A full search of the C drive didn’t find anything else.

reboot?

🙂

Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net
www.baynatives.com

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections