PA
Posted By
Patti Anderson
Sep 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a question regarding jpegs. When I create a photo gallery in Elements, the images when viewed on line appear when first viewed as a slow motion pop up, moving the text down as it comes on screen. This seems to be a lot faster as opposed to an image loading progressively. What is this called and what settings do I need to choose in Save for Web for getting individual jpegs to load in this way?

TIA
Patti

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
BobHill
Sep 26, 2003
Do you have Optimized checked, Patti?

Bob
RC
Richard Coencas
Sep 26, 2003
You have two options in Save for Web. You have a check box for progressive, and you have a check box for Optimized. The way a browser loads a non-progressive jpeg, ie top to bottom or waiting until it is fully loaded and popping the whole thing can also be browser dependant. You might just want to experiment a bit.

Rich

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections