G
Posted By
GordonGraham
May 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to create a selection and then hide it within an action. The Ctrl-H doesn’t seem to be recorded as part of the action and I can’t find any other recordable way to hide the selection. This is being done just prior to displaying the USM dialog.

Any suggestions on how to do this or what I am doing wrong.

Thanks!
Gordon

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DR
Danny Raphael
May 6, 2005
Some commands cannot be recorded, but they can be "inserted." This is one of them…

Here’s how to do this…
* Click on the command in your action "after which" you want a command to hide the selection’s "marching ants"
* From the Actions Palette Menu choose "Insert Menu Item" tp display the IMI dialog. * Choose Extras from the View menu, populating the IMI dialog. * Click OK to close the IMI dialog; this will "insert" the command into your action.

You should be good to go.
G
GordonGraham
May 6, 2005
Danny,

Thanks! That did it. I kept looking for a "Hide Selection" item in the Selection menu that could be inserted — with no luck at all! Thanks for the help.

Gordon

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections